Back-end development, also known as server-side development, is the process of building and maintaining the server side of a web application. The back-end is the part of the application that runs on a server and interacts with the database and other back-end services. It is responsible for handling the data and business logic of the application and providing a set of APIs that the front end can use to access and manipulate the data.
Back-end developers work on the server side of web applications and are responsible for:
- Building and maintaining the server side of the application.
- Creating and managing the database and data storage.
- Implementing the business logic and handling the data processing.
- Creating and maintaining the API (Application Programming Interface) that the front end uses to interact with the back end.
- Ensuring the security and scalability of the application.
Back-end development is a crucial part of web development as it enables the creation of powerful and dynamic web applications that can handle complex data processing and business logic and provide a seamless and responsive user experience.
Also, See: Enterprise Web Development